Looking for a Mexican Quarantini? Try these 3 easy recipes to bring a bit of the resort life to your home.
Why travel to an all-inclusive resort? One of the best reasons is the chance to try a variety of delicious Mexican foods and their famous drink (with or without alchol) and get a true flavour of your destination. There is nothing like arriving at your resort and taking that first refreshing sip while gazing at the crystal blue ocean.
At the moment, we cannot travel but dreaming of next trip inspired me to look at my favorite drink while away and my favorite foods. I hope you will enjoy them!
- Onion – white or red
- Avocado – should have a little give, not too soft and not too hard
- Whole ripe tomato
- Cut the avocados in half
- Use your knife to easily remove the round seed
- Use a spoon to remove inside contents into a bowl
- Mash the avocados in a bowl
- Slice the onion into small square pieces
- Add onions to the bowl
- Slice coriander, add to the bowl
- Cut lime in half squeeze lime in bowl (depending on your taste)
- Dice up the jalapeno
- Dice half tomato and remove the inside
- Salt & pepper to taste
- mix all the ingredients
Serve with your favorite chips & enjoy!
Spice chicken tacos
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” strips
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic power
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Dice tomatoes
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Diced avocados
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to skillet.Cook until golden, 6 minutes. Add spices and stir until coated, 1 minute more
- Build tacos:In tortillas, layer chicken and desired toppings.Serve with lime wedges.
The classic Margarita
- 2 oz Blanco tequila
- 1 oz Fresh lime juice
- ½ oz Orange liquor
- ½ oz agave syrup
- Garnish:Lime wheel
This classic Margarita is a refreshing, crisp drink.
Team up with chips & guacamole, sit in the sun & enjoy!
What's your favorite drink? Does it taste better at home, on a beach or onboard a cruise ship?
When you are read to check out these wonderful cocktails and food in person, reach out to us for some amazing all-inclusive resorts or cruise ships.